Thursday, September 26, 2013

Survivor story 1

As the blog's url is misssurvive, I have one survivor story today. I woke up late today...around 6.50 am...usually I wake up at 530..Luckily my husband managed to wake up from our deep slumber and he said 'honey, you're late, rite? my shirt, have u ironed it?' I was like 'ok...blame it to my mobile phone...out of battery' ( so yeah..it was my fault. I didn't charge my phone battery last night). Then I said 'it's ok...u go and take your shower first..i'll settle your shirts, socks, pants everything'. While ironing, i kept thinking about my class which shall start at 830..but I have not prepared the materials yet! which I have promised my students yesterday to have a reading class.

Last night, I told myself, it's ok..I'll wake up early the next morning and go to office early to do the xerox process. But look who's talking!!!! Then.. I was done with ironing and went to take my shower as quick as I can (people know me as a miss-forever-in-a-bathroom). Then I performed my Subuh and quickly running down stairs to kiss my MIL and FIL's hands and headed to office. Duhhhh! It was a bad crawling today from Kota Kemuning toll all the way to LKSA..The route which usually takes only 15 minutes to arrive Section 9, has gotten me 35 minutes today.

I reached office at 8.10 am... and was hoping the photocopy machine will not give me hard time today as it did yesterday. I have 15 minutes left to go to class...I had so many plans in my mind as alternatives if the photocopy machine won't cooperate with me today.

Plan B: Give each student a copy of newspaper cutting (which I bought last month). Risk and disadvantage: they will not have a same text to read. It's going to be out of control. The lesson objective won't be achieved.

Plan C: Bring them to the lab and provide them a link to a website where they can read one particular text. Risk and disadvantage: Most of labs are fulled and occupied at level 14. and I know this lab at level 8 but I am not sure about the condition of the internet connection, the pcs, etc. I need extra time to prepare for it. And I know my students. They will have other better things to do if I let them use the pc- facebook, twitter etc..

Thus, I went to the machine, recited bismillah for few times together with akak cleaner (she always knows I am having this love-hate relationship with the machine) and the miracle begins. It worked! I managed to make copies of the reading text and exercises (around 90 pages in total) in amazingly 3 minutes! I am in love again with the machine! mwah mwah mwah (over plak). Then 8.25 am, without wasting time, I headed to level 14, went to the classroom and of course I was the first to enter (as usual, my students loooveeee to come late to class). I smiled and knew it, I am a survivor.

As a happy ending it may sound, I managed to get a very good piece of reading text and exercise. It is not too difficult, not too easy. They love it. I am sure they did learn so much today on the comprehension, vocabulary, giving solutions and opinions, critical thinking skill and a lil juice of subject verb agreement towards the end. And, most importantly, out of the rush-hour I had this morning, I managed to put on a very comfortable and lovely outfit (in my eyes, at least) ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment