Hye and Assalamualaikum
I just want to record some of the development of this pregnancy no 3, adik Ashman and Naeem. Alhamdulillah, my pregnancy journey is reaching 25 weeks or equal to 6 months. Sekejap je masa hoiiii.
This time around, everything seems and feels differently compared to previous pregnancies. How different? Well...
1. Obviously, this time I am pregnant and thyroid-less at the same time. When I had my total thyroidectamy in 2015, I kept wondering whether I will still have the chance to be conceiving again. And when I started my TTC journey since December last year, the doubt came through and I used to feel that it's ok if I only two kids with Epul because Allah 's plan is the best plan after all. Siapala kita nak mempersoalkan. All we can do is be thankful for things we already have. But, Alhamdulillah, He granted me and Epul this rezeki at the most right time. Syukur. Thus, I have been seeing my endocrinologist in PPUM since the first month of pregnancy. I do blood test for my thyroid hormones such as T3, T4 and TSH monthly! to make sure the levels are at a normal range. Thus, my visit to the PPUM is done twice a month: one with the obstetrician (on Tuesday) and one with the endocrinologist (Friday). Yups, they do not have both clinics on the same day. It's ok baby, mama will do anything to make sure both of us in a good condition.
2. Why PPUM in congested area of Petaling Jaya? Ok, another significant difference this time because when I was carrying Ashman and Naeem inside my tummy, I went to the Klinik Kesihatan for a monthly maternity check up and went to UMRA after 8 months of pregnancy. However, due to my thyroid issue, I need to do my maternity check up in a hospital where there are both Obstetrician and Endocrinologist, so that it will be easier for them to monitor my thyroid hormones values during my pregnancy. So basically my routine so far is, I will do my blood test (for thyroid) on the same day I meet my ObG (on Tuesday), so that I don't have to come just to have my blood test done. Then, I meet my Endo two weeks after that which is on Friday. And Alhamdulillah, so far, I have no complain even though I need to wait for almost 2 hours to meet the doctors and most of the time I went to PPUM alone. I feel ok as I don't think Epul should waste his time waiting the turn to see the doctor and PPUM is super far from his office in Banting. But, there were some appointments that he took leave to accompany me. And Alhamdulillah, my T3, T4 and TSH levels are at normal range. My endo has not increased my thyroxine dosage since the day I went for a maternity check up because according to them the range is ok, so far. Alhamdulillah. Hope baby is doing good inside.
3. Morning sickness? Yes, I still had my morning sickness this time but not as frequent or as bad as when I was carrying Ashman and Naeem. Alhamdulillah. I managed to control my vomiting this time around or maybe I am more prepared. And, major factor which lead to my smooth pregnancy journey this time is because my mother in law is staying with us. Yes, I still remember when I was pregnant to Naeem, I was struggling every day to send Fahri to my parents in law house (plus the all day sickness and mabuk2). So, it was very tiring. Alhamdulillah, since my MIL came and stay with us over the weekdays, I think it has helped reducing my nauseousness maybe hehe. Syukurrr...
4. Craving? Hmmm not so much different I guess. No specific craving, so far. Just normal craves for my mom's cooking. And this time around, I am more manageable in terms of choosing what I want to eat especially after my thyroidectomy, I become more conscious on my food intake. I really hope I can give the best nutrition to my baby. But upsssss don't know why this time I am so lazy to drink milk. Help! Ok need to improve on this.
Some of my #cravingsatisfied photos:
5. Perangai pelik? Not to say pelik, but I noticed that (even Epul did notice too), most of new recipes that I tried (usually to satisfy my own cravings), they taste good hihi well at least jadi la...I still remember during fasting month (early weeks of pregnancy), I don't know why I was so rajin to bake the pineapple tarts!! and sedappp haha perasan plak. Then, for the first time ever, my chicken rendang also tastes good after so many fail attempts before haha. And of course my chocolate cake jadi cantik and sedap.Hehe x tau lah pembawakan maybe. Oh ya, I also don't feel like wearing maternity clothes this time. Luckily, I have attires which are loose in shape that still can fit my growing tummy hehe
my first ever tart nenas!
My first successful attempt of baking chocolate cake!
6. Baby's gender? Hmmmm I dare not to confirm anything yet till we have our 4D scan some when this month.
7. Maternity weight? So far, I can say the progress is similar when I was pregnant for Naeem. At 6 months, I weigh at 61 kg. Well done hehe. So far, I have gained around 7 kg. We'll see how many more kg I will have this time?
Ok, that's all. Just for the record untuk adik baby.