Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Perfect Mother

Assalamualaikum..

To be a perfect mom is not easy. Especially if you are a working mom. You spend 8 hours in the office and 1 hour on the road (at least). Basically, you miss most of the hours to be spent with your children. However, I believe that each of us has our own fate and pathway destined by the Almighty Allah swt.

I felt awesome this morning because I think I had a chance to be the perfect mother at least since last night. Last night, my father in law was not feeling well, feverish for the past few days. Thus, he could not sent my sis in law Aina back to school in Kuala Selangor. So, yup, I was aware that my husband had to send her. And my mother in law decided to follow them. So, I was with my boys together with my feverish FIL. He was just having some rest in the room. I brought Fahri to shower, made sure the boys had their dinner and kept asking them if  they wanted to eat and eat (yeahh i love feeding them with lots of food haha).. Then, monitoring them doing their school works after a long Chinese New Year holidays. At 10 pm sharp, I switched off the TV (of course with some hesitations from the boys), brought them to bed. A new routine was continued even though without their papa; perform Ishak before sleep. Alhamdulillah, everything went well and they managed to sleep easier and faster than I expected. 

Oh ya, while monitoring them doing their school works, I had this conversation with abg Fahri:

Me: Ashman (sometimes I call him Ashman instead of Fahri), kenapa selalu bawak bekal nasi lemak Ashman tak habis makan?
Ashman: Sebab nasi asyik tumpah2 down there. Ashman comot...
Me: You mean nasi lemak tumpah comot kena baju Ashman ke?
Ashman: Ha betul
Me: Oh no wonder la asyik tak habis nasi lemak sedangkan tu your fav menu!
Me: So...Ashman nak bawak bekal apa besok ni..nak makan apa..
Ashman: Hmmm ashman nak mee la..
Me: ok nanti mama potong mee kecik2 so x tumpah dah ok
Ashman: Ok ok

So I decided to wake up at 5 am and ready to prepare his fried noodle! Of course my hubby said that he could just buy the fried noodle somewhere so I don't have to cook and wake up that early! But I was afraid if he accidentally buy the SPICY fried noodle which will lead to the same prob--> Fahri will not finish his lunchbox. Thus, I decided to prepare the menu for his lunchbox. I just felt like the perfect mother that early morning; slicing the onions, cut cut cut... chop chop... tumissss... haha

Then, papa took Fahri to shower and I put on his school attire while he was sleeping (yups he is such a baby and not a morning person) and I waved him a good bye when papa drove him to school.

yeahh... It was one of my 'perfect mother' moments

No comments:

Post a Comment