Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nielson Chen

I posted a status in my FB, saying that
"Every time Chinese New year is around the corner, i will think about my ex Form One student when i was teaching at Sri Bestari, Damansara. His name is Nielson Chen. He was the naughtiest boy in class, yet he was the one who cried the most on my last day at that school. He left a box of Limau Mandarin in my office and one card with an ang pau of rm20 inside with the note, "Teacher, don't leave us". oohh nielson..where lar are now? huhu..happy Chinese New Year to all"
And I received comments from my friends, saying that it was really touching...and suddenly i remembered i have blogged about this in my old blog..i have googled it ...and yes..i found it hehe..let me re-post it over here

Monday, 28 January 2008:


feeling that u cannot get anywhere else...

today is my last day working in sri bestari school. there are mix feelings inside. Leaving the school, i feel sad but at the same time i just can't wait to start a new chapter in my new workplace tomorrow. All the teachers in the school are super nice. they are just like my family. plus, my students. i feel like crying when i told them today is my last day.they were really shocked when i told them the news. all the noisy and naughty boys stopped talking among themselves out of sudden n they started asking me.. " Teacher...what are u saying? u're leaving us? why? u don't like us meh?" just imagine...they are form 1 Chinese students. i just said " i have to go.. to purchase my dreams".. one of the boy, named Nielson said "ohhh... u get higher pay arr teacher" haha...nope...not the payment matters here, but the satisfaction i guess. but yeah..of coz..payment does matter. but in this case, i guess i am still not good enough to teach kids. i mean young kids like them. i need to learn more on how to handle kids. So, meantime let me do something that i really think i am more competent n enjoy doing it, which is teaching young adults. Even though they were asking me a lot of questions, 100 of questions why i am leaving...but i can say that they really didn't want me to leave. And one of the smartest boys in the class whispered to me " teacher..dont go la. i love u" i felt like crying. Nielson, the class rep., said that he didnt have the mood to learn today because i am leaving ( Nielson is soooo adorable 13 years old boy. sooo comel =) ) He asked me what do i want for my last day.. i said i want limau mandarin and ang pau. then he said.. "okeh no problem. i'll get u one" well of course i was just joking. After the class, i went back to staffroom and found out there were two ang paus inside my handbag. And Nielsen gave me angpau worth 10 ringgit. He is.... serious.Then, i gave him back the ang paus and told him i was just kidding. Then, he said dont worry, he will get me the limau mandarin. He said how many limau i want. Joking around again with this cute Nielson, i said "i want one busket or one packet".. then he said "okeh...no problem" n of coz i thought he is not serious because he wont get the limau as it's a school time. he couldn't go anywhere. About one hour before i was about leaving the school, i was on my way down the stairs to return the students' book and suddenly i met Nielson. Again!, carrying a box of limau mandarin! OMG! I said to him " Nielson, where are u going?" n he said " i want to give this to u laa teacher" ( just imagine, small kid like him carrying a box of limau mandarin. it was quite heavy for a boy like him) i was almost crying there. i asked him where did he get the limau. then he told me he asked his maid to come and went buy the limau outside. i was so speechless. I felt like wanna hug him. i told him that he shouldnt do that for me. it's a school time. but he said " anything for u teacher "...then after giving me the limau he said, almost crying " teacher....miss u...gonna miss u teacher.." i cant stand it anymore n said thanx to him n am gonna miss him too as well as the school. And, after i went back to my room, i found one card on my desk by Nielson, saying " Don't forget me- Nielson' n yess... i did give Nielson my number because this is the feeling that i cannot get somewhere else...

No comments:

Post a Comment