Thursday, June 14, 2012

the new resolution to fully breastfeed

Assalam..

I still can't hide my frustration each time I am in a discussion with group of mommies, talking about breastfeeding. I only managed to breastfeed Fahri for almost 4 months. I still remember, during that particular time, when Fahri was born, I was stucked with my deadlines to submit my master's chapters. I still could recall, most of every nights during my confinement, when all the new mommies were enjoying their breastfeeding or pumping out their milk, but I was developing my chapters. The only mistake that I did was i held to this one self-created theory which I should not! which is: " It's ok baby...mama will start breast-pumping once mama starts working...now enjoy my direct breastfeeding"...without doing more research and surveys on breastfeeding/ breast-pumping, little that I know I should start producing stocks of my breast-pumped milk since the first week of confinement! Oh..how confident i was! But, i didn't blame my thesis, it just me, didn't know how to manage my time properly and yes! lack of knowledge! and yes! own lack-of-research theory!

Ok...stop blaming myself. However, I am grateful that I managed to enjoy my BF moment for 4 months. It was really precious moment. And I really miss it. Now, I have promised myself to try my best to fully breastfeed my second baby till one year old, at least. Firstly, of course, knowledge, u alls! I am starting my research now. I need to learn from zero, I guess. So, I am gonna share the breastfeeding tips after this, just in case I want to refer back to the tips here =)

No comments:

Post a Comment