Thursday, October 8, 2015

His Test: Thyroid

Assalamualaikum wbt,


9/10/15


Today is my second day of admission, after 20 hours drank the RAI. How do I feel? Well, I am feeling ok. Nothing weird happened so far. Just that I was having diarrhea last night at 4 am. Now I am feeling normal. If you are asking me about the taste of the RAI, then the answer is it’s a bit salty. It was just for 2 gulps. But, mr doctor added mineral fluids after that. Alhamdulillah, the process was easy, so far. There are no side effects so far, and I am praying that there won’t be any. I miss my kids so much. I kept thinking about them yesterday because I sleep with them every night! What do I expect? Every time I was about to cry, I hurriedly recited Al-Quran. Oh it helped a lot. Nothing is more wonderful than being born as a Muslim, right? There are so many ways to heal your miseries. SubhanAllah.


Oh.. well actually for my friends who might not know, I am battling with thyroid disease. How bad? Well, let just me keep it to myself and people who are close to me. It can be not so serious or it can be that serious. Just pray for me, ok? All I can tell is at the time being, I am feeling more than healthier. I am so thankful to Allah swt every single day for testing me with this illness because I know there are so many people out there are battling with more dangerous disease. All, I have to do now, is just following some check-up routines and 1 or 2 treatments. I am more than blessed. Syukur. 

Why I am so thankful to be tested this way?


1.      In my case, there were/ are no serious symptoms so far. Actually, I feel healthy like usual but thankfully, I made the decision to had a detailed check-up about my thyroid lump. (I really hope Allah swt will keep lending me this good condition state)
2.      I am closer to Him, my Almighty. I perform most of the Solat Sunat and I try my best to perform my fardhu solat at the earliest time. InsyaAllah..
3.      My prayers become more meaningful as I feel that my objective in life is clearer. (you see, when you are in illness, you will have a thought of death even though most of us only remember death when we are 40’s and above. Thus, for me, death makes me thinking about heaven. It obviously is making me a better Muslimah, insyaAllah). I cannot be thankful enough to Him for testing me at the age of 31. Alhamdulillah, at this age He gives me a better perspective and direction towards my life.
4.      I become more appreciative with my life. Before this, as a normal human being, I always feel that I want more in life. It’s not that I was not being thankful, but we keep forgetting what we already have in life. Now, I feel that everything is more than enough. I just don’t care anymore about having a bigger car, a better salary or more kids (which as a human we can always keep trying and praying) but I am more focusing on what I already had in my life. I am going to be the best mother to my boys, the best wife to my husband, the best daughter to my parents and the best person to my friends and relatives and of course I wanna be the best servant to Allah swt. I am the stage where I rather have more fortunes on akhirat compared to duniawi. InsyaAllah

After all, I realized that Allah swt gives me all that I have wanted and dreamt in life at the age of 31. Now, tell me, is there any more reasons for not being proud as a Muslim?  

4 comments:

  1. Oh No! please take care dear. May Allah ease everything. InsyaaAllah you will be fine :) Ameen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You hana dear... Such a good lesson for me to take care of our food intakes... u to take care hana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yana,aritu ada jugak terfikir nak contact Yana nak tanya pasal ni..

    Nina doa hanya yang terbaik untuk Yana. *muahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina...thank you for the doa!

    ReplyDelete