Monday, December 1, 2014

5th Anniversary Part 1: The scrapbook

Assalamualaikum and hello..
So I made a 5th anniversary scrapbook / story book for our 5th anniversary. The date of our wedding anniversary falls on every 28th November. We do not celebrate love-birds anniversary. No. Just because we decided to get married after few months dating each other haha... So, getting married is the peak of our time together. 5 years of marriage? Sometimes I feel it is a very young age of marriage, but there are times when I feel...heyy... 5-year is not that easy. Thus, on the very last-minute idea, I decided to make this compilation of our story from the first day we met (unplanned meeting) till now. I compiled some pictures (even he complained that some of the pictures did not match the storyline haha)... I am satisfied that I manage to produce this book (sounds like a professional novel author) within 3 days. Congratulations yana!

I don't know... It was a very sudden idea. I think 5-year is a duration which we, husbands and wives should celebrate. Usually, from previous anniversaries (only 4), it was either we bought cakes or we went for a vacation. When I was completing this story book, I did not expect a return from him. It came from my heart. I wanted to leave him with something that he could remember.

So, I went to a cute-gift cum stationary shop here in Plaza Masalam and spent RM50 for a book, glittery colored pens, few stickers, ribbons, etc. When I was about to pay, I was like "why do I need to do this...it costs me a lot..i should have just bought a card from Memory lane" hmmm... Also.. I went to a printing shop in Section 2 to print some pictures... Overall, this story book costs me RM80..woohooo...was I doing the right thing? What if the book turns out so ugly? What if he doesn't happy with the book? What if ....haha..so negative thinking I could be. 

I even did this at office and at home when people did not notice me. I felt so shy if they were like "wahhh yana...so romantik...giler la" ok shut up..haha. So this is the result of my creativity (creative ke?) the truth is..I've never done this for a man that I love.. so hubby is lucky to get one...just because I don't think I am creative enough. I rather buy a card from Memory Lane than spending so much time and effort to produce this piece of artwork haha.

 the cover
 the second page- the family tree.. see how many kids that we are planning to have? InsyaAllah
 Engaged
 Married
 Pregnant

 baby
 5 years

I was so tired when I reached the last page, so my handwriting became the worst ever haha...I actually put few hundreds inside the envelope together with anniversary card. The money is for the shoes that he already bought earlier. I promised him to belanja a pair of Clark shoes, so he did buy one a week before and I refunded the money together with the book hehe.

So, the night before our anniversary, we went out for a dinner at Restoran Murni in Shah Alam. Murni again? Yup the place that witnessed our first meet but the actual restaurant was in SS2 PJ. So, after reaching home, i said to him, go and take something from your closet. He smiled and took the book- our 5-year story book. The kids fell asleep since the road to our home. So, the plan went smoothly. Thank u boys for understanding lolz. I switched on the main light and he was so excited to read it. I felt so shy and said it's ok..u just read tomorrow..I feel so sleepy... he said.. wait..let us read this together.. I want to read this.. together with you ..ok melting timeeee... so yup, we had fun laughing at our own selves... the first meet was always a joke for us...and the funniest part was ..I created a quiz on "How well do you know your wife / husband?" .. As for my part, I gave few questions with the answers together..of course I threw questions that I already know the answers like fav. food? fav. song? etc haha... so he complained it is not fair for him as I was the one who created the book so I can choose easy questions haha... 

Thus, I really think making a scrapbook for 5th anniversary sure does a good idea because it's kinda a post-mo term after all. Be it good or bad memories. And I am so happy he really appreciated my effort. Coz it shows =)

No comments:

Post a Comment