Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My thoughts on MH370

MH370.. There are so many things in my mind when thinking about the missing flight. It is so mysterious. Only Allah knows. Since Day 1 we were exposed to this case and it's terminology, there were so many theories and speculations. I can not deny. Each time I read a theory, it slightly gave an impact to me as a Malaysian. And I am sure to most of people out there as well. We are really hoping that the passengers are still alive. Thus, we want to believe all the stories on hijacking coz at least there is a chance for the passengers to survive instead of just believing that they have ended somewhere.

But again, why I must be selfish? Hijacking? We simply accept this word as if it means everything will be ok after the hijackers got caught soon..but do we realize? this is very unhealthy to our country? very dangerous. We are talking about national safety. Bukan main-main perkara ni. 

I am scared. Why? Why do I need to be scared? Because I love my country. I love Malaysia. Malaysia is so unique. I want Malaysia to be peace and the people live in harmony, as usual. As usual. Can we still have this in future? Malaysia is a Muslim country. The only difference is that (compared to other Muslim countries), we have so many races that believe in different religions.The majority is Muslim, followed by Buddhism, Christian and Hinduism as we can see from the chart below that I got from here .

Thus, we can conclude that, the majority of people in Malaysia is Malay, followed by Chinese and Indians. That is why we are different from other Muslim countries. We are used to respect other people's religions. We love and respect our Chinese and Indian brothers (and other minorities too). Because it's a good deed. In Islam, we are never told to hate other people from different religions. In fact, we are always asked to treat everyone nicely. I am sure they have the same belief too.  And I am very convinced they love us, the Muslim or the Malays too. I love my Indian friends, Kamine, Sandra, Shalini, my Indian students, I love my Chinese friends, Steph, Madam Wong, all my Chinese students. The love is so strong. Yes, there will be a gap each time we talk about the privileges that the Malays are having here but most of them are used to it and accepting things. Maybe it's easy for me to say because I am a Malay and living in these advantages but arghh.. can you feel it? It is wonderful when we talk about friendship, love, we never had a thought on it. We forget about it. And we keep believing and have so much respect for each other. We keep admiring the Chinese as the successful businessmen/ women, while Indians are the expert doctors / gynaes,  and we Malays are always trying our best to compete them, taking their spirit with us to be successful like them, in healthy manner of course.

People from other countries would not understand how unique our relationship is. Because they just don't feel and experience this. My expatriate friends especially from Muslim countries always make jokes about the multiracial nations that Malaysia have and they don't believe me when I say we (different races in Malaysia) love each other so much. They laugh. They just couldn't accept it. It's impossible for them to digest that people from different religion can be best friends and I just smiled. Because there is no use to debate over it. You need to experience it. Yes, deep down inside my heart, I was pissed off, but being me, there is no need to debate because we know better. This is my country. Not theirs. I just smiled. Let them witness themselves.

That's why I was not surprised when I saw the support that we received from non-Muslim Malaysians towards our country when people all over the world are bashing us. It is not scripted or planned. It came from the heart. We have been neighbours, friends, best friends, schoolmates, housemates, colleagues, some were falling in love and get married... we are very close.

Thus, I am very sure, no matter what will be the end result or finding of MH370, we always have the support from our people. OUR PEOPLE. Yes. Malaysians. We love Malaysia and will always do. Yes, you can see so many hatreds on social media came from Malaysians but I believe, the united nations are more. A lot more. Including myself. But we don't show. We are busy with works, to make sure the smoothness of every inch in Malaysia's development and success. Even though we don't show it, but we pray. The power of pray is infinity compared those insulted words on fb or twitter.

I am still, truly believe that not all people are born as devils in this world. I believe there are better and kind-hearted people who love peace, rationale and their heart fills with love. I BELIEVE.

Remember our Nasi Lemak, Roti Canai and Nasi Ayam?
Remember our Cheongsam, Saree and Baju Kurung?
How can we forget things that we always love and miss?

Remeber these moments?













  (All pictures are from google images)

Thus, let us always be united and keep praying that Allah SWT will help us and have His Blessings towards Malaysia. Hope MH370 will end with just a miracle and positive rewards. Aminnn

No comments:

Post a Comment